WWF-MYANMAR: Sustainable Finance Manager #030/18 (Re-Announced)WWF Myanmar was established in 2013 and is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife. The focus is on promoting green economy into national policies and to sustain and protect biodiversity and connectivity of the transboundary Dawna Tennasserim Landscape (DTL) through an integrated landscape approach, and of the Ayeyarwady River system through an integrated river basin approach. Find out more at www.wwf.org.mm.
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Sustainable Finance Manager Position based in Yangon, Myanmar.
a. Develop solid relations and partnerships with the relevant stakeholders, including financial institutions, landscape funds, and impact investors
b. Develop concrete value propositions, and appropriate reports, guidelines, and tools for financial institutions, regulators and other relevant stakeholders to first understand and then commit to green finance in Myanmar
c. Work with relevant stakeholders to develop a roadmap for green finance. Based on the roadmap, develop yearly work plan to implement the project
d. Provide capacity building targeted at financial institutions and regulators
e. Assess and benchmark local financial institutions’ extent of ESG integration and regulatory standards
f. Work with banks and investors to develop responsible lending policies, ESG risk appraisal tools and appropriate monitoring and reporting frameworks
g. Manage research on ESG issues and sustainability disclosure and performance by companies
h. Work with WWF Myanmar’s teams to support the development of innovative financial solutions such as Landscape Financing. This includes developing business analysis of jurisdictional/landscape approach to zero deforestation
i. Facilitate discussions between communities and financial insitutions to develop innovative financing products for sustainable community entreprises
j. Monitoring, evaluating, budgeting and reporting of project performance against planned objectives and deliverables and milestones
The detailed job description can be Downloaded.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor and/or Master degree in business, economics or finance or related field
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in finance or green finance
• A good understanding of how environmental concerns relate to business risks and opportunities and what tools and levers could be used at private and public sector level to catalyse green finance
• Ability to analyse ESG issues and level of integration and communicate to financial institution partners
• Ability to provide training on ESG integration to mid level management
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Knowledge of Myanmar language will be a distinct advantage
• Prior knowledge of the banking sector in Asia is desirable
Closing Date: 03 June 2018 (Sunday)
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.