WWF-MYANMAR: Renewable Energy Technical Advisor #037/18Come be part of history as we support Myanmar develop its renewable energy potential.
In 2017 our renewable energy vision set forth a sustainable pathway for Myanmar to leapfrog to a leading voice in the global energy debate and be powered by 100% renewable energy by 2050.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to support national energy policy advocacy, state and regional-level technical assistance, power development planning, project implementation, and attracting investments. As advisor, you will be based in Yangon and will travel frequently, especially to Kayin State, Tanintharyi Region, and Naypyidaw.
If you have a Master’s degree in renewable energy or in relevant fields, minimum 10-15 years related experience in renewable energy policy and advocacy, project financing and project implementation, and would like to be part of a very motivated energy team, please continue reading below for further details.
The salary range for this position is 50,000 – 60,000 USD per year.
At national level, the RE Technical Advisor will:
- Provide expert technical advice as inputs to Renewable Energy policy advocacy and consultations
- Support WWF’s vision for 100% renewable energy for Myanmar by 2050.
- Assist in attracting renewable power investment for Myanmar.
- Support fund raising for further development.
At state/region level, the RE Technical Advisor will:
- Prepare quick power development planning for Kayin state
- Develop project deployment strategy (and encourage private sector) for Kayin state
- Build capacity of the state government of Kayin to attract renewable power investment
- Support dialogue with partners, private sector, national and state governments/ local authority bodies for renewable power development
Closing Date: 22 July 2018 (Sunday)
Interested candidates should email email@example.com or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.