WWF-Vietnam: WILDLIFE PROGRAM COORDINATORMajor functions: The Wildlife Program Coordinator is the technical lead and country focal point for Wildlife related initiatives in WWF-Vietnam. The role is responsible for strategic direction of the program, identifying and developing funding opportunities, acting as representative on technical issues in relevant fora and overseeing the effective coordination, planning, management, implementation and monitoring of projects and activities related to Wildlife in the country. He/she also leads the implementation of the action plan developed under the WWF Ivory HII initiative for closing down ivory markets in Vietnam, including curtailing the markets and the trafficking, and reducing demand for ivory products. The Wildlife Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring cohesion and alignment between WWF-Vietnam, Greater Mekong Wildlife and Wildlife Trade teams, and the broader WWF Network within the Wildlife Practice.
Key requirements for the role include:
- Master’s or higher degree in Wildlife, or in relevant fields.
- At least 8 years of experience in project management in an international/national development organisation or similar, of which at least 5 years should be in a related field.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of development and conservation issues and the context of Vietnam and the Wildlife field.
- Experience with strategy and programme development, including successful fundraising.
- Experience of working with Government officials, local communities and donors.
- Strategic thinking skills to ensure the program is relevant, networked and impactful;
- Leadership skills to drive the Wildlife Program objectives, advocate among peers and partners, support project staff and ensure relevance;
- People management skills including staff management and support, capacity development and coaching, developing teamwork, negotiation skills and conflict resolution;
- Project management skills including project planning, coordination, time management and logistics;
- Financial management skills, including budget preparation and management and oversight of financial administration procedures;
- Networking, coordination, and facilitation skills for both internal and external audiences and partners;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills with the ability to manage and interact at all levels of an international, multicultural and multilingual organization.
- Knowledge of Oracle or any ERP software an advantage
How to apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 25th July 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”