WWF-MYANMAR: Programme Development Manager #057/181. Background and profile:
WWF Myanmar opened its office in Yangon in 2014, and is the youngest field of the WWF global network’s country offices. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and dynamic fundraising professional to help build WWF Myanmar into a high-performing and well-resourced conservation programme. Arguably one of the most exciting countries in Asia to work in nature conservation, Myanmar offers unparalleled opportunities to develop major partnerships with a wide range of supporters that will enable WWF to invest in conservation for the future. WWF Myanmar is a high energy and fast-paced working environment suiting those individuals with the ability and verve to turn around high quality funding concepts and proposals at short notice that will have prospective donors lining up at our door.
WWF-Myanmar is part of the WWF-Greater Mekong Programme (GMPO) that operates in 5 countries: Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam. Find out more at http://www.wwf.org.mm/en/
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Programme Development Manager Position to be based in Yangon.
II. Major Functions:
The Programme Development Manager is a key member of the conservation programme team and is responsible for developing a development strategy and a team within two to three years of joining. In the interim, he/she is expected to also write high quality project funding proposals and creating and building donor relations, to ensure WWF Myanmar’s ambitious conservation strategy is fully resourced. The Programme Development Manager is also expected to be invited to the Country Management Team meetings as a special invitee.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a fund raising strategy and an outline of team structure to support the strategy in year 1.
- Develop, write, and support development of project / programme proposals for funding by using PCM principles / WWF Network Standards for Public Sector Partnerships (PSP), Foundations, and Trusts.
- Act as national focal point for multi-country proposals
- Support WWF Marketing Director with fundraising opportunities with Private Sector
- Work with conservation programme team
- Establish and maintain a database of all consultants used, used for proposal writing or programme development, by WWF-Myanmar
- Carry out any other assignments and tasks given Line Manager
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree in business management, conservation, development studies, or in relevant fields, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of practical experience in a leading Fundraising / Programme Development role for a programme or project, with at least 2 years ideally in the Greater Mekong Region
- Familiar with conservation and natural resource management issues
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, functions and international relations
- Extensive experience in developing and writing project proposals to aid agencies, foundations
- Successful fundraising experience with large-scale, long-term and potentially multi-country proposals (multi-million USD)
- Proven track record in successfully managing inter-institutional relations, including in government aid agencies
Closing Date: 11 October 2018 (Thursday)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae with your salary expectation stating the position title and reference number in English by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.