WWF-MYANMAR: Conservation Landscape Manager – Dawna Tenasserim Landscape (DTL) #064/18WWF Myanmar was established in 2013 and is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife. The focus is on promoting green economy into national policies and to sustain and protect biodiversity and connectivity of the transboundary Dawna Tennasserim Landscape (DTL) through an integrated landscape approach, and of the Ayeyarwady River system through an integrated river basin management approach IRBM).
The DTL contains some of the most remarkable biodiversity on earth and is a key site for the protection of some of the worlds most endangered species including tiger, Asian elephant, and many species endemic to this landscape. The landscape also contains one of the largest protected area networks in South East Asia formed by the contiguous Western Forest Complex and Kaeng Krachan Forest Complex in Thailand. Additional protected areas are proposed for the large pristine but unprotected forests in Myanmar. This will secure connectivity between the protected area complexes in Thailand and sustain the extraordinary biodiversity in the landscape.
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Conservation Landscape Manager Position based in Dawei, Myanmar.
The Conservation Landscape Manager plays the key leadership and management role in WWF’s effort to conserve Myanmar’s Dawna Tenasserim Landscape. This challenging senior position is responsible for all aspects of this work, including the planning, management, financial, and administrative aspects of the landscape programme, including building and maintaining critical partnerships and relations with key stakeholders, especially with CSOs, NGOs, the Karen National Union’s (KNU) Forest Department and the Myanmar Union government Forest Department.
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships needed to facilitate delivery of shared conservation goals in DTL.
- Support partnership-building efforts with government, CSOs and NGOs.
- Lead stakeholder engagement meetings and workshops to build trust, and coordinate efforts of diverse interests in DTL.
- Manage the team in WWF’s Dawei office to ensure alignment of activities with WWF’s strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the DTL Regional Transboundary Coordinator based in Thailand.
- Act as the focal point for engaging with relevant donors, regional government departments, and the KNU.
- Work closely with the WWF-MM Conservation Director to provide leadership and overall direction and coordination.
- Work with financial staff to budget for the activities of the landscape, and monitoring, while insuring accurate financial and program reporting.
- Lead on relevant fundraising initiatives including writing and reviewing proposals.
- Provide regular reports and analysis to the Conservation Director and the Country Management Team (CMT – Landscape Manager is also a member of CMT)
- Master’s degree in natural resource management, environmental or conservation management, bioregional planning, development studies, or relevant fields.
- Qualification and/or extensive experience in project management
- Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Myanmar.
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation and the government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the not-forprofit sector in the landscape.
- Five years of practical experience in leading and managing programmes or projects, 2 years of which should be related to landscape management
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, functions, governmental and international relations
- Proven experience of managing programmes funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors with annual budget of multi millions USD.
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and international organisations
Closing Date: 26 October 2018 (Friday)
Interested candidates should email email@example.com or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.