Posted on 06 September 2019
Base location: Hochiminh city, Vietnam
Sand Mining is one of the fundamental conservation challenges facing the Mekong Delta, with a black market in sand leading to unsustainable mining practices destroying river systems, biodiversity and people’s homes and livelihoods. Join an exciting new project with WWF-Vietnam working to clean up the sand mining industry through a program of deep research, modelling, government engagement across the 13 Mekong Delta provinces and building partnerships with the corporate sector to improve sand supply chains into the construction industry. This five-year project will take you across the Mekong delta, working alongside the private and public sector to alter the course of destructive sand mining practices, contributing to Vietnam’s long-term sustainable development.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position Senior Technical Officer
The Senior Technical Officer is in charge of the field implementation of activities in relation to the IKI Sand Mining project “Drifting Sands: Mitigating the impacts of climate change in the Mekong Delta through public and private sector engagement in the sand industry” that started in July 2019. The position may also contribute to other projects/ programmes in the Mekong Delta Landscape.
Key requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor degree or preferably Master degree or higher in fields related Natural resources, Water Resources/Sediments Engineering, Hydrology, Geology and Water Resources Management, Civil Engineering.
- Experience in application of ADPC and LISST a plus
- At least 5 years of practical experience in areas related to the above-mentioned areas.
- Proven experiences in planning and implementation of GO and NGO’s projects.
- Experiences in working or liaison with GO and NGO bodies (e.g protected area, national park), and working in multi-stakeholders settings.
- Good understanding of the Mekong Delta and issues related to: sediment, hydrology and hydraulics, conservation, climate change, and communication for changes.
- Can-do attitude and result-oriented communication mind-set
- Organizing/ planning and problem-solving skills
- Good research, presentation, training skills, report writing skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 18th October 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”