Posted on 11 September 2019
Base location: Hochiminh city, Vietnam
WWF-Vietnam established Corporate Partnership team in 2014, under the new country conservation strategy and in recognition of increasingly important role of multi-national and local corporates in sustainability development in Vietnam. WWF Vietnam has set ambitious targets for establishing and growing strategic partnership using drivers of corporate performance and creating productive synergies for the mutual benefit of both organisations. The engagement area include People & Community, Climate & Energy, Food, Fresh Water, Forest, Ocean and Species.
Panda Labs is WWF decentralized innovation accelerator for social and environmental impact. Panda Labs is (1) a brand to aggregate and promote WWFs transformative innovation capabilities and projects to influential partners and donors. (2) It is an innovation methodology focused on design thinking and collaboration to enable ambitious and scalable solutions to WWF’s conservation priorities. And (3) it’s a framework and process to build the capabilities and innovation credentials of WWF network offices, connect up innovation projects where applicable and scale successful solutions leveraging WWF’s unique assets. In FY 2020 the Panda Labs network will trial a global ‘Moonshot’ approach to innovation projects, rolled out across 10+ WWF offices and four ‘regional hubs’ – with Vietnam being one of them. The ‘Moonshot’ will focus on leveraging innovation to empower and value communities as environmental stewards in order to ensure the security of vital ecosystem services. Focus will be on running human-centered innovation processes aimed at solving problems around plastic waste in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam. Find out more at https://wwf.panda.org/our_work/projects/panda_labs/
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position Corporates Partnership and Innovation Officer (Base in Hochiminh, Vietnam):
The Corporates Partnerships and Innovation Officer is a member of WWF-Vietnam’s Corporate Partnership Team who are responsible for the implementation of WWF-Vietnam’s multi-year Corporate Engagement and Fundraising strategy to drive corporate partnership for conservation impacts; overseeing and adhering to fundraising and corporate engagement policies, procedures and systems, in line with the Country Office’s Strategic Plan and WWF-Network Standards. S/he is also a member of the global WWF Panda Labs community/team collaborating with other offices, teams and colleagues working on similar moonshot launches across the network.
Key requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in entrepreneurship, innovation, business, technology, environment, marketing, fundraising or design or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in one or more of the areas mentioned above
- Proven track record within innovation processes, marketing and/or education within design thinking, rapid prototyping, emerging technologies, market research, business modelling, project management, lean startup or social entrepreneurship
- Good understanding of conservation issues and strategies; understanding of WWF’s work in Vietnam and globally.
- Proven track record in designing and delivering successful Marketing & Fundraising strategies, with evidence of delivering growth in income is an advantage
- Familiarity with a wide range of communication, marketing and fundraising tools and approaches, their potential impact and their suitability for an organisation like WWF.
- Experience leading and participating in multi-disciplinary teams to build consensus, optimism and confidence, in the face of challenges, while charting new territory for WWF-Vietnam.
- Comprehensive understanding and insights of relevant industries and markets
- Proven track record in managing risks and crisis in working with the private sector is an advantage
- You have the ability to inspire, excite and engage people in experimentation and unleashing their potential to innovate. This is your next mission.
- You have a networking mind and have demonstrated an ability to support collaborative action.
- You have a natural interest in working with entrepreneurs, partners, NGOs and other stakeholders understanding their needs and creating opportunities for collaboration.
- You have high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Good skills in project and budget planning and implementation with respect to marketing and fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal in Vietnamese and English, supported by good computer and digital skills.
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious.
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion
- The candidate must be entrepreneurial, results-oriented, prospect-focused, strategic and intuitive, as well as comfortable working both independently and as part of a teams.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to apply
Detailed Job Description as attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 24th September 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”