Posted on 02 October 2019
Bases location: Hochiminh, Vietnam
Vietnam’s textile and garment industry has long been a crucial sector to the Vietnam economy and one of the key Vietnam export products. Its important role as a driver of economic growth is demonstrated by the total export value of textiles and garment products rising to US$ 31 billion in 2017 accounting for 14% of the country’s 2017 total export values and making the industry the country’s top export product. The Sustainable Textile Programme in Vietnam, financially supported by multiple pubic and private donors, aims to improve the sustainability of the industry’s practice and in the meantime leverage textile sector’s influence to improve Mekong River governance. This is done through making textile businesses more actively participating in Mekong River management and creating an opportunity for these businesses to discuss collective action to achieve sustainable investments in the sector in the near future. The 3-year Sustainable Textile Programme, building from the existing project, led by WWF-Vietnam with support from the WWF Network is designed with four key objectives in mind - by 2022:
Businesses in the textile industry, in particular small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and CSOs are becoming a strong force to support public sector activities on regional river management and governance discussion and decision makings.
A group of target SMEs are applying sustainable practices and technologies to improve water and energy efficiency and reduce polluted water discharges.
The business case for green financing is demonstrated with the banking sector providing funds for water and energy stewardship investments to SMEs.
Through implementing water stewardship, collective actions amongst SMEs, CSOs and public sector at national / sector level are forged and national policies / strategies / regulations, such as sector development strategies are improved and/or newly enforced to provide the enabling environment for continued sustainable actions by business actors.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Sustainable Textile Programme Manager
The Sustainable Textile Programme Manager will be responsible for overall management of all activities, including budgeting, planning, management, monitoring and reporting, etc. to achieve the programme’s goals and targets, ensure all activities are in compliance with the project documents and WWF’s contractual obligations, and donor’s requirements. He/she will also take full responsibilities for technical, financial and administrative aspects of the programme, as well as ensure close collaboration among (WWF) projects, partners, and relevant stakeholders
Key requirements for the role include:
- A university degree in a relevant discipline. A graduate degree in a related sustainable development fields is an advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience working on issues relate to sustainability in the areas of policies, technologies or business management.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with textile brands or companies on sustainability programming and preferably directly with factory suppliers, or has worked in textile factories, in particular SMEs in production process areas for implementing water stewardship and energy performance improvement programs, ideally in Vietnam.
- Experience in managing a team including junior officers, finance and admin officers.
- Experience in performing factory-based sustainability audits and training for brands or for international programmes is a bonus.
- Experience in working with donor funded programme and knowledge on donor reporting is a bonus.
- Excellent understanding of sustainability issues in textile industry in Vietnam.
- Familiar with sustainable textile debate, international initiatives supporting sustainable textile production transformation, sustainable textile standards and tools.
- Sound knowledge of government policies, market trends and supply chain management relate to textile industry.
- Coordinating complex activities involving public and private sector stakeholders both domestically and internationally
- Organizing workshops, meetings and logistics for training and education activities.
- Programme and project management, team collaboration and administration
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent English skills
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 11th October 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”