Posted on 01 November 2019
Base location: Hochiminh, Vietnam
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Footprint Conservation Director
The Footprint Conservation Director is a member of Country Management team and will oversee the delivery of Footprint Program outcomes and partnerships. S/he will ensure that WWF-Vietnam develops and maintains relationships with Government Aid Agencies (GAA), Foundations, Trusts, strategic corporate partners and the WWF Network; s/he will ensure the effective coordination and development of fund raising proposals in order to deliver footprint program objectives of the Country Office Strategic Plan, aligned with Practice and Global goals.
The Footprint Conservation Director is also responsible for developing and implementing a Footprint Program strategy for WWF-Vietnam. S/he will manage to deliver the Footprint Annual workplan through Country Management Team and Footprint Development and technical advice through the Country Practice Leads/Focal Points of Footprint. S/he will also manage resource allocation and work plan coherence across the regional landscapes and those which are operating across national level. It is expect to manage 5 million annual program with around 30-50 staff, in close co-operation with donors and relevant WWF Vietnam Country and Asia Pacific Regional staff. He/she will oversee the management systems, operational procedures and capacity-building for key project cooperators
Key requirements for the role include:
- At least Master’s degree in a field relevant to project/programme administration and/or water/natural resources management, environmental or conservation management or relevant fields.
- Proven experience in managing large and complex environment & development projects/programmes in developing country
- At least 10 years of post-graduate full-time practical experience preferably in plastic and natural resources projects
- Minimum 5 years of proven track record in project management, leading teams in public-funded projects of > 4 million USD.
- Work experience in Vietnam, or any other Mekong country is an additional asset, or neighboring countries with similar socio-economic setting.
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, functions and international relations.
- Knowledge of M&E methodology, quality assurance. Knowledge of Project/Programme Planning and Management; familiar with implementing ESMF.
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 17th November 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”