Posted on 02 November 2019
Consultant(s) to develop an investment guideline on solar rooftop projects to facilitate and stimulate private sector investment in the solar rooftop in Vietnam
TENDER NOTICE: Ref 14. Development of investment guidelines on solar rooftop projects to stimulate private sector investment in Renewable Energy
The Greater Mekong region is one of the biologically richest places on the planet; its varied natural resources support the livelihoods and well-being of millions of people in mainland Southeast Asia. WWF-Greater Mekong (GM) – on the ground in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam – is working to conserve the region’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife.
WWF-Vietnam is seeking (a) Consultant(s) to develop an investment guideline on solar rooftop projects to facilitate and stimulate private sector investment in solar rooftop in Vietnam. The selected Consultant will contribute to WWF’s endeavor to accelerate RE in private sector and further engage them in WWF’s future RE activities.
Scope of work:
The Consultant shall develop investment guidelines for companies, especially in garment processing sector, with interest in solar rooftop installation. Expected outputs for the assignment are as below:
- Develop a framework & content of the Investment Guidelines. Key target groups shall be exclusively for building investors (companies, building owners with interest & potentials in solar rooftop deployment;
- Provide an overall update and introduction on up-to-date solar rooftop regulatory frameworks, benefits of Solar Rooftop systems, development of the solar rooftop sector in Viet Nam, especially in private sector, supporting mechanisms and framework conditions (Feed-in-Tariff, DPPA etc.)
- Provide analysis and comparison of different investment models available in Vietnam for rooftop solar projects
- Provide detail guideline for all stages of the rooftop solar project development and implementation, including all related interfaces/permission/certificates and risk identification and mitigation. Suggested content for investment guidelines shall include:
- Project preparation: Site evaluation (facility conditions, solar resource assessment, site suitability, etc.), choice of investment/business model (self-consumption, self-consumption with excess sale to EVN (Feed-in-Tariff) or a third party (e.g. on-site Power Purchase Agreement), direct purchase of the system or third-party investment model (direct PPA, leasing etc.);
- Planning and Development: contractual agreements, financing options, RE procurement options (CAPEX vs OPEX/Leasing model);
- Financial analysis: CAPEX & OPEX financial analysis & comparison;
- Construction & Installation: engineering, procurement and construction, grid connection and commissioning; and
- Operation & maintenance
- End of life management
In doing this assignment, Consultant shall be required to work with relevant units such as EVN in relevant regions/provinces, MOIT, Economic-Infrastructure division of the districts/cities, etc. to identify demand of renewable energy use, regulation systems, substations, etc. and local specific conditions and/or situation concerning the transmission and/or distribution system ... and the operating ability of the systems for installation of rooftop solar power systems
The contract is expected for 3 months, starting from 1 December 2019 to February 29, 2020.
- A Master degree or corresponding qualifications in energy/environmental management, engineering, economics, international development, political science and/or subjects relevant to sustainable energy and promotion of technical commercial partnerships in energy/environmental management.
- At least 10 years of extensive work experience in one or more related fields such as: promotion of sustainable energy development, energy planning and policies, energy efficiency/renewable energy initiatives; and/or cleaner production.
- Strong links with relevant governmental agencies on energy (MIOT, EVN etc) is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team with complex problems in diverse institutions and cultural settings.
1. Proposal Cover Letter signed by a person authorised to sign on behalf of the Offeror;
2. CV & Summary of relevant experience and projects;
3. Technical Approach/Proposal for completing the deliverables;
4. Work plan
All proposals must clearly indicate the tender reference: “Ref. 14: Development of investment guidelines on solar rooftop projects”
and are encouraged to send via email: email@example.com
The deadline for proposal submission is at 10 AM 19th November 2019.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce”