Posted on 21 November 2019
Last Call for Tender Notice: Ref 16: Consultancy on Producing and Delivering Mobile Public awareness raising exhibition
WWF-Viet Nam is looking for a consultant to produce a mobile exhibition booth to raise awareness of target audiences in 03 cities on plastic reduction.
WWF was one of the first international non-governmental organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. WWF-Viet Nam is part of WWF-Greater Mekong which operates in 5 countries: Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and Viet Nam. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/
Currently, plastic pollution has emerged as one of the biggest environmental challenges of our time. About 150 million tonnes of plastic waste are in the ocean, with another eight million added every year (Jambeck et al., 2015) and by 2050 there would be more waste than fish in ocean (World Economic Forum, 2016) if the consumers’ perception has not shifted toward a greener style. Viet Nam has ranked 4 in the top 5 countries discharged the most plastic waste into the ocean (Georgia University’s research, 2015).
WWF, as the leading conservation organization globally, has taken the plastic waste issue seriously. WWF has set the ambitious global target of reducing plastic leakage into the ocean by 50-100% by 2030 and WWF-Viet Nam is a key part of that initiative. To address the root-cause of the problem, we want to work with local level of provinces or cities, districts, involving public and private sector to build pioneer models in plastic reduction. This strategy is the key to WWF’s Plastic Smart Cities (PSC) program.
The project will be implemented in three (03) years from July 2018 to July 2021 at various cities in Viet Nam. It comprises three (03) objectives, focusing on (i) studying the overview of marine plastic litter in Viet Nam, (ii) building and delivering a behavior change communication program targeting consumer groups and the public; and (iii) involving three cities in signing up the PSC commitment to the WWF Plastic pollution free Cities Program and having policy changes in plastic waste management.
WWF is recruiting a Public Relations and Communication consultant(s) (hereinafter called the Consultant(s)) to produce and deliver the mobile exhibition booth at 03 selected cities of the project based on the designed concept. The booth is to raise awareness of the locals on plastic pollution issue and might include information on plastic waste: its nature & situation, impacts on the environment and health as well as how to reduce plastic wastes to nature.
Scope of work
Based on the available concept and design of the Communication Campaign Design of WWF, the Consultant is expected to produce a mobile exhibition booth to raise awareness of target audiences in 03 cities on plastic reduction:
Qualifications and skills
- Closely cooperate with the Consultant on Communication Campaign Design of WWF to produce the exhibition booth for awareness raising campaign;
- Testing in pilot the booth and adjust whenever needed;
- Set-up the booth at the selected cities per agreement from WWF and local authorities;
- Train WWF staff and volunteers to run the booth;
- Operate, monitor, evaluate and propose any changes to improve the effectiveness of the booth after each time of demonstration in each city.
- The consultant(s)must possess at least five years’ experience in designing, producing communication materials (booth, event, etc);
- The consultant(s) must demonstrate that he/she has sufficient professional expertise and manpower to undertake the assignment, including:
More details on the TOR attached.
- Expertise in environmental communications;
- Knowledge and experience on plastic themes will be an asset;
- Capability in producing communication materials and organizing communication event.
1. Proposal Cover Letter signed by a person authorised to sign on behalf of the Offeror;
2. CV & Summary of relevant experience and projects;
3. Technical Approach/Proposal for completing the deliverables;
4. Work plan
5. Financial Proposal
All proposals must clearly indicate the tender reference: “Ref. 16: Consultancy on Producing and Delivering Mobile public awareness raising exhibition” and are encouraged to send via email: email@example.com
The deadline for proposal submission is at 10 AM 19th December 2019.
Only short-listed proposals will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”