Posted on 19 December 2019
WWF-Viet Nam is seeking a strong candidate to join our team to organise the Earth Hour 2020.
Position Title: Earth Hour Outreach Coordinator
Contract Duration:4 months, Jan -Apr2020
Short Description: I
nspire and empower millions of Vietnamese to take-action on climate change, energy efficiency, renewable energy and plastic waste reduction, as a means to halt biodiversity loss for Earth Hour 2020.
The Earth Hour brand provides a public platform for WWF-Viet Nam to communicate its climate change and halting the loss of biodiversity agenda, culminating on Saturday, March 28, 2020 with the global ‘lights out’ campaign, providing a visual platform for people to demonstrate that they want action on climate change, energy efficiency and plastic waste reduction. Reporting to the Communications Coordinator, the major focus is on community outreach and engagement, to inspire, engage and mobilise new audiences and existing supporters, and help Viet Nam make progress on climate change, energy savings, plastic waste reduction and halting the loss of biodiversity.
About the Role
The role develops and delivers the Earth Hour community outreach and engagement plan, focussing on participation from government agencies, schools, councils, businesses etc. With the assistance of volunteers that you will assist in recruiting, on-boarding, training and coaching, you will work collaboratively to build strong stakeholder relationships and networks to optimise community outreach opportunities and government/business collaborations and partnerships. This is a full time position and the Consultant is expected to work on a daily basis with WWF team to coordinate and manage the EH campaign.
Specific tasks include:
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Working with WWF team to develop campaign concept overall;
- Recruiting, managing and monitoring PR agency to develop and implement the campaign;
- Working and supporting WWF team in developing and implementing media and social media plans;
- Coordinating and facilitating communications with relevant stakeholders to promote EH as well as engage public audiences in EH campaign
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers;
- Supporting WWF team on other EH tasks when needed.
- Experience and a track record of success in community outreach and volunteer/stakeholder engagement;
- High-level campaign or project management experience within a context of coordinating diverse activities within tight deadlines;
- Experience in supervising volunteers or graduates/interns;
- Experience in working with governmental agencies;
- Interpersonal skills with a proven ability to inspire and motivate people to action;
- Highly innovative and creative-minded person;
- Excellent communication skills including hands on event coordination, social media/digital skills;
- Ability to present and provide training to small groups;
- High level problem solving and issue resolution skills, with basic project management experience;
- Recent experience in outreach programs (e.g. major event or targeting schools or councils), ideally in relation to climate change or social advocacy campaigns along;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in either communications, marketing, digital media, politics, law, environmental science, management/business or equivalent experience are desirable;
- Experience working/engaging with KOLs/celebrities is an advantage;
- Good English and Vietnamese.
How to Apply:
- Develop a strategic campaign concept and activities timeline;
- Recruit an agency to develop and implement EH campaign, which will be at nation-wide level;
- Manage the agency and work with relevant stakeholders to deliver the EH campaign outcomes, and ensure the EH events are delivered as scheduled and time bound;
- Develop a sponsorship benefits, together with WWF and make sure these benefits are delivered;
- Develop ready-to-use EH information packages for corporate, organisations and individuals to join EH;
- Facilitate the engagement and participation of KOLs/celebs during EH campaign and ensure they deliver EH key messages;
- Monitor and engage volunteers/youth groups to conduct awareness raising activities/events on energy efficiency, renewable energy and plastic waste reduction in the lead up and during EH 2020;
- Deliver successful public online and offline EH 2020 campaign reaching at least 1 million people across the nation;
- Produce EH 2020 campaign event report.
Interested candidates should send EH campaign pitch, CV, portfolio samples/links to WWF-Viet Nam Communications Coordinator,
Ms. Nguyen Phuong Ngan, email@example.com no later than 30 December, 2019. Please put email subject: EH Co-ordinator