Posted on 11 March 2020
Base location: Hanoi, Vietnam
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position Project Manager – Stop Illegal Wildlife Trade and Consumption Advocacy
The position will work under the overall direction and supervision of the Illegal Wildlife Trade Manager to deliver the program objectives on combatting wildlife crimes with a focus on stop the illegal trade and consumption of terrestrial endangered species. He/she will provide support to the program planning, management, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of project activities to ensure compliance with the WWF’s contractual obligations, and ensure close collaboration between the project and partners and other relevant stakeholders in the project sites. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the daily operation and implementation of the Voices for Diversity-safeguarding Ecosystems for Nature and People.
Key requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor/(preferable master) on environmental communication/campaign, international relations, conservation policy analysis, natural resources management, environmental management, or relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of working experience in an environmental government agency, environmental NGO, or relevant international development agency, of which at least 2 years in the field of advocacy communication for environmental policy change;
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in policy advocacy including proven success record in advocacy / behaviour change communications driving to policy change;
- Good understanding of the political, social and cultural context of Vietnam, policy development mechanism, in connection to consumption of wildlife that drives the illegal trade in wild species in Vietnam and outside Vietnam; supply and demand drivers link to social norms and behaviors of the wildlife consumers in the Vietnam context;
- General knowledge of the Vietnamese environmental priority, socio-economic, political and cultural characteristics as well as knowledge of the GVN’s environmental priorities, policies, and procedures;
- Willing to travel outside the workplace.
- Strategic thinking skills to ensure the sustainable impactful results in project implementation;
- Creative event concept design and organization and communications for policy change;
- Good project planning, coordination, time management, budget estimate and adhering to financial and logistical procedures;
- Strong inter-personal skills and excellent oral communication skills;
- Organizing / planning and problem-solving skills;
- Strong team building and effective cooperation with government parners;
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 24th March 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”