Posted on 11 February 2020
Base location: Danang or Hue
Senior Project Officer
is the lead and focal point for issues related to Plastic Smart Cities program in the 03 cities Da Nang, Tuy Hoa (Phu Yen), Rach Gia (Kien Giang) (“The Cities”). S/he is responsible for:
- Together with Plastic Smart Cities and MPA Lead, develop and implement Plastic Smart Cities strategy & work plan to ensure the discharge of plastic waste into the environment in The Cities is reduced through strengthening the cities governance, obtaining commitment of the cities leaders to participate in WWF Plastic Smart Cities platform, encouraging private sector, CSO and communities’ engagement, school children education.
- Assist Plastic Smart Cities and MPA Lead to uphold the No Plastic in Nature initiative-Cities Pillar Strategy
Key requirements for the role include:
- Minimum bachelor level degree in fields related to Waste management or Waste treatment technology, Environmental science or technology
- Experience in managing complex development projects with cities, specifically in Vietnam cities
- Experience in project management
- Experience working in international NGOs or relevant development agencies including managing budgets and funding reports
- Experience of working and negotiating with Government official and/or donors is an advantage
- Experience meeting stakeholders across public and private sectors
- Project and financial management skills
- Strategic thinking; diplomacy and discretion;
- Problem solving, and management of conflict and risk;
- Influencing, networking, coordination, facilitation skills for both internal and external audiences and partners
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skill with the ability to manage and interact at all levels of an international, multicultural and multilingual organization.
- Excellent presentation, communications, and public speaking
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 25 February 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”