Posted on 08 April 2020
Ref 29.20: Consultancy to conduct water and energy baseline data study of the textile industry in Mekong and Dong Nai river basins
The project “Greening Vietnam’s textile sector through improving water management and energy sustainability” of WWF was developed to transform the textile sector in Vietnam and engage sectoral and environmental governance in order to bring social, economic and conservation benefits to the country and the entire Mekong region. In the pilot stage, the project’s intervention focuses on awareness-raising to promote behavior change; technical training; and supporting textile (weaving and dyeing) small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in developing water and energy sustainability solutions. It also aims to create access to credit for green investment at textile enterprises. Lessons learned and demonstrations of success cases amongst wider industry players is the step to move to the upscaling phase of the project.
2. The objective of the study
The assignment is designed to set up a database and related baseline on textile environmental impacts in the project region, in particular on water and energy use, as well as wastewater discharges. Information collected will be used as a benchmark for monitoring and evaluation of the program intervention’s impact on the green transformation of textile SMEs in the region.
3. Required qualifications, knowledge and expertise:
(Please see attached Request for Proposals for more details)
4. How to apply
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with Vietnam textile sector in general and sustainability aspect in specific;
- Very familiar with the environmental dimension of the textile sector (i.e. water, energy, chemical and waste and wastewater management);
- Excellent experience in working with relevant departments at the ministerial and municipal level on environmental and water resource management in order to access to the secondary data on the water/energy use of enterprises;
- Good working experience at the enterprise level, especially textile and garment enterprise;
- Experience working with research, primary and secondary data collection and other relevant professionals;
- Knowledge of pollution parameters and level of impacts
- Writing proficiency in English and Vietnamese languages.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in CSOs engagement, water quality assessment, environmental assessment, training with communities.
The deadline for submission is 10 AM 23rd April 2020, Hanoi time.
Interested consultants are kindly requested to send technical and financial proposals via email firstname.lastname@example.org
and clearly indicate the subject: “Ref 29.20: Consultancy to conduct water and energy baseline data study of the textile industry”
Late bids will be declared invalid.