Posted on 26 May 2020
Ref 33.20: Consultancy for development of CarBi II Behavior Change Strategy & Participatory Awareness Raising action plan for wildlife conservation and forest protection in Thua Thien Hue, Da Nang and Quang Nam
The Carbon and Biodiversity Project (CarBi II) is implemented by WWF through KfW, and part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). CarBi II project will be implemented over a 5-year period (2019 – 2024) by WWF Vietnam and Laos. Key partners of the project in Vietnam are the provincial Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development, Forest Protection Departments, Saola Nature Reserves, Bach Ma National Park and the authorities and communities of participating districts of around 100 villages in four districts Dong Giang, Tay Giang in Quang Nam province, and A Luoi, Nam Dong in Thua Thien Hue province.
2. Objectives of the study
- To review all relevant available research/ study reports in the Central Annamites relating to natural resources awareness raising, and behavior change, and synthesize all lessons learnt, with specific focus on potential application in the CarBi project area..
- To assess current attitudes towards and awareness/knowledge of protected areas (PA), illegal natural resource use (INRU) and provide a comprehensive understanding of the target audience, including city-dwellers in Hue, Da Nang, and Tam ky and target buffer zone villages of Bach Ma National Park and the Sao La Nature Reserves of TT Hue and Quang Nam.
- To develop a comprehensive Behavior Change Strategy and Action Plan, focusing on Hue, Da Nang, and Tam Ky, and selected villages in the buffer zones of the above mentioned protected areas, including a robust M&E system with appropriate baselines.
4. How to apply
- At least bachelor degree in relevant study areas such as sociology, forestry, environment/nature conservation, socio-economic development, human behavior, and related area
- Proven track record and extensive experience of at least 10 years in awareness raising, attitude and behavior change intervention strategies, including socio economic surveys in rural communities, in the areas of natural resource management/protection/utilization.
- Good knowledge of and experience working in the Central Annamite landscape, particularly Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Da Nang
- Experience working with WWF Vietnam is preferable
- Experience in working with the relevant authorities in the project area is advisable
- Language skills: proficient in Vietnamese and English
- Good report writing and presentation skills in English
- Based in Vietnam
Interested consultants are invited to submit application (CV and quotation) to: email@example.com
, clearly indicating email subject of the tender reference: “Ref. 33.20: Consultancy for development of CarBi II Behavior Change Strategy.”
Application must be submitted to above email address no later than 3 PM 2nd June 2020