Posted on 03 June 2020
Base location: Ha Noi or Hue city, Viet Nam
The Plastic Smart Cities Manager is technical lead for issues related to WWF-Viet Nam Plastic Smart Cities program. S/he is responsible for:
- Develop and implement Plastic Smart Cities strategy & work plan to ensure the discharge of plastic waste into the environment in PSC targeted cities or districts is reduced through strengthening governance, encouraging private sector engagement, creating a movement of plastic pollution free cities and supporting incubation on plastic waste reduction.
- Member of network plastic committee to coordinate with the Regional Plastic Smart Cities Coordinator to uphold the No Plastic in Nature initiative- Cities Pillar Strategy
Key requirements for the role include:
- Minimum Master level degree in waste managerment, waste treatment area of expertise with over 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in managing complex development projects with cities, specifically in Vietnam cities and understand complex government structure
- Experience in project management in delivering and managing across multiple teams
- Experience working in international NGOs or relevant development agencies including managing budgets and funding reports
- Experience of working and negotiating with Government official and/or donors at all level is an advantage
- Experience meeting stakeholders across public and private sectors
- Leadership and management skills; People management, coaching, mentoring and capacity building/development;
- Strategic thinking; diplomacy and discretion;
- Project and financial management skills
- Problem solving, and management of conflict and risk;
- Influencing, networking, coordination, facilitation skills for both internal and external audiences and partners
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skill with the ability to manage and interact at all levels of an international, multicultural and multilingual organization.
- Excellent presentation, communications, and public speaking;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 05 July 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”