Posted on 14 July 2020
WWF-Viet Nam: Project Coordinator to support the operation of Project Management Unit
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environment issues and implemented field activities across the country. WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
The 4,5 - year project “Mitigating marine plastic debris in Viet Nam” (hereafter called the Project) aims to contribute to reducing plastic pollution from Vietnamese territory into the ocean, while addressing national level priorities in both the policy sphere and in public awareness and behaviour change. The Project comprises four main pillars: (1) Communications and Outreach Campaigns; (2) Policy Advocacy and EPR; (3) Plastic Smart Cities; and (4) Marine Protected Areas.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position Project Coordinator to support the operation of Project Management Unit
II. Scope of work
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
a) Participate as a member of Project team in lending operating, planning, and facilitating the implementation of the project at all levels.
b) Proactively work with the PMU, provide recommendations and supports to the PMU to ensure the coordination of all project activities. Expected activities, are as follows:
c) Develop and submit quarterly working report in conjunction with worksheet to PMU and WWF-VN.
d) Perform other tasks assigned by PMU.
- At least Bachelor degree in the major of environmental policy and management, or relevant technical field of study;
- At least 03 years of implementing project experience, coordinating project experience is an advantage, in the environmental field, environmental consultant, prefer working experience in technical cooperation funded projects with international organizations in the field of plastic waste/debris management;
- Experience in developing national legal binding documents/policies in relevant field: marine economy development strategy, marine plastic debris management strategy, etc
- Currently working or experience in an environmental government agency or relevant international development agency, in terms particularly of environmental governance (especially in waste/debris management) is also a requirement;
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a variety of concurrent activities, rank priorities, organize work efficiently, and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Strong facilitation skill with demonstrated experience in a multi-partners environment.
IV. How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 3PM 28 July 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”