Posted on 15 July 2020
Base location: Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environment issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF
WWF-Viet Nam established the Corporate Partnerships & Fundraising team in 2014, under the new country strategy and in recognition of the middle-income status of Viet Nam (with its associated increase in corporates and individuals’ interest in sustainability development and reduced funding from external governments and agencies), WWF-Viet Nam has set ambitious targets for local conservation impacts. Business is primed to lead on rapid adaptation and on the innovative solutions needed to drive change. By working with businesses together with domestically generated revenue, WWF-Viet Nam aims to drive conservation results that would not be possible otherwise
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position Corporates Partnerships & Fundraising Officer (Base in Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam):
The Corporates Partnerships & Fundraising Officer is a member of WWF-Viet Nam’s Corporate Partnerships & Fundraising Team who are responsible for the implementation of WWF-Viet Nam’s integrated domestic marketing and fundraising from corporate partners and driving corporate engagement for conservation impacts; overseeing and adhering to fundraising and corporate engagement policies, procedures and systems, in line with the Country Office’s Strategic Plan and WWF-Network Standards.
The Corporates Partnerships & Fundraising Officer is responsible for supporting the advancement of WWF-Viet Nam’s conservation and growth agenda through targeted, innovative marketing and fundraising strategies that reach and engage key audiences. S/he will be expected to provide oversight, lead marketing corporates initiatives, and develop active corporates prospects. S/he will contribute to the implementation of strategies for cultivation, solicitation and closure, as well as to achieve annual targets and goals.
Key requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related fields.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising or marketing.
- Proven track record in marketing and/or fundraising within the charity and/or private sectors, including substantial experience in achieving fundraising targets
- Good understanding of conservation issues and strategies; understanding of WWF’s work in Viet Nam and globally.
- Proven track record in designing and delivering successful Marketing & Fundraising strategies, with evidence of delivering growth in income is an advantage
- Familiarity with a wide range of communication, marketing and fundraising tools and approaches, their potential impact and their suitability for an organisation like WWF.
- Experience leading and participating in multi-disciplinary teams to build consensus, optimism and confidence, in the face of challenges, while charting new territory for WWF-Viet Nam.
- Comprehensive understanding and insights of relevant industries and markets
- Proven track record in managing risks and crisis in working with the private sector is an advantage
- Good skills in project and budget planning and implementation with respect to marketing and fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal in Viet Namese and English, supported by good computer and digital skills.
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious.
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion
- The candidate must be entrepreneurial, results-oriented, prospect-focused, strategic and intuitive, as well as comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Fluent both in Vietnamese and English
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org,
stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 30 July 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”