Posted on 16 July 2020
Base location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
The “USAID Biodiversity Conservation” activity is a 5 year-program starting from July 2020 to June 2025. The program aims to maintain and increase forest quality as well as protect and stabilize wildlife population in five high conservation value provinces (Quang Binh, Quang Nam, TT Hue, Quang Tri, and Lam Dong). The program targets ten special use forests and at least five protection forests, linking forest management units across the landscape to maintain forest cover and connectivity of habitats vital for the protection of Vietnam’s threatened and endemic species.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position Finance Coordinator, USAID-Viet Nam Biodiversity Conservation program (base in Hanoi, Vietnam):
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party (COP) and technical supervision of the Head of Finance of WWF Vietnam, the Finance Coordinator shall support the COP in general administration of the program, overseeing budgets, financial planning & management of the USAID-WWF Biodiversity Conservation program in Hanoi and field offices and ultimately achieving program goals. The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring compliance with WWF & USAID policies and ensures sound management of WWF revenues used toward accomplishing WWF’s mission
Key requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance. A Master’s degree and/or a recognized accounting qualification would be an asset.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in similar financial, compliance, or operational role supporting international donor projects; Experience with USAID funded projects will be an advantage
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting requirements on multimillion-dollar projects
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures
- Familiarity with US Government (USG) Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working in not-for-profit organisations including managing projects, budgets, and work streams
- Leadership and communication skills, coupled with diplomacy, numeracy, and business acumen are essential.
- Proven interpersonal and people-management skills, complimented by excellent written and spoken English are essential.
- Proven experience of designing business processes, setting standards, or establishing operating policies and procedures is desirable, preferably in a project or program management context.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain clear lines of communication within a wide network of contacts is necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Prepared to be “hands-on” in the team.
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 31st July 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”