Posted on 24 July 2020
USAID Biodiversity Conservation Project
Currently, WWF is working globally with national and local governments, businesses and the general public to tackle the marine plastic pollution crisis. At the international policy arena, WWF is advocating for and supporting countries to comprehensively address this transboundary problem through a legally binding treaty on reducing marine plastic pollution. WWF urges all nations to express their support to immediately begin the negotiations for this new global agreement and for countries to begin to driving a clearly articulated global ambition or target for the content of this treaty.
The “USAID Biodiversity Conservation” activity is 5 years program starting from July 2020 to July 2025. The project aims to maintain and increase forest quality as well as protect and stabilize wildlife population in five high conservation value provinces (Quang Binh, Quang Nam, TT Hue, Quang Tri, and Lam Dong). The project targets ten special use forests and at least five protection forests, linking forest management units across the landscape to maintain forest cover and connectivity of habitats vital for the protection of Vietnam’s threatened and endemic species.
The USAID Sustainable Forest Management will be implement at five provinces including Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri, Quang Nam, and Nghe An. Objectives activity aims to achieve five mutually reinforcing objectives as follows: (i) Improve and expand community forest management; (ii) Increase conservation-friendly enterprises in forest-dependent communities; (iii) Increase functionality of law enforcement system for forest crimes; (iv) Improve production forest management practices; (v) Mobilize domestic resources for forest management and protection.
2. Duties & responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Chief of Party, the consultant will work closely with the assigned staff of WWF, DAI and MFMB Authorities of MARD. MFMB to develop the final Reports on Investment Policy Proposals and then follow up in every step of project document submission, revision, and approval. Specifically, the consultant will:
3. Required qualifications:
- Work with assigned staff of WWF, DAI and related MFMB officials for developing one Reports on Investment Policy Proposals (Template IIIc of Decree 56).
- Facilitate provincial government agencies to collect feedback on the Reports on Investment Policy Proposals to the central ministries, especially Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI).
- Consult and liaise with all related central ministries to make sure their comments on the draft Reports on Investment Policy Proposals are received in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the technical team of WWF, DAI and MFMB of MARD. MARD to constructively respond to comments (if any) from different central government agencies provided to the Reports on Investment Policy Proposals.
- Update and finalize the Reports on Investment Policy Proposals based on the comments received under guidance from different central government agencies MPI, (MARD, MONRE, etc.).
- Work with related ministries, especially the MPI to facilitate and follow up the project approval process to obtain the Prime Minister’s Decision on approval of the USAID Biodiversity Activity and SMF.- Provide WWF, DAI and MFMB of MARD. MARD with bi-weekly updates, on progress of the project approval.
- Others if required.
4. How to apply
- Formal education: B.Sc. or M.Sc. in agriculture, natural resources/forest management, or other relevant disciplines;
- Work experience: at least 10 years working in the natural resources/forest management sector and/or sustainable development projects;
- Involved directly in developing at least 2 detailed project documents for ODA projects;
- Prior experience in project designing and familiar with Decree 56/ND-CP dated May 2020 is an advantage;
- Established network with central ministries and MARD departments, related Ministries
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Languages: excellent command of written and verbal Vietnamese and English.
- A good understanding of political, ecological, social and cultural context of Vietnam, including of relevant issues (for example biodiversity issues related to marine ecosystems, waste management and pollution impacts, multi-lateral environmental agreements)
Detailed Job Description for the position is as attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email as “National Policy Consultant to USAID project”.
Alternatively, the proposals could be sent to WWF- Viet Nam Office as follow:
No.6, Lane 18, Nguyen Co Thach Street, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Attn: Admin Department
Subject: “National Policy Consultant to USAID project”.
Deadline of submission: 10 AM, 31st July, 2020