Posted on 11 September 2020
Location: Ha Noi & Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country.
WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the following positions:
1. Campaigns and Advocacy Coordinator, based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City;
2. Partnership and Fundraising Communications Officer, based in Ho Chi Minh City
3. Project Officer (Climate and Energy Practice), based in Hanoi
What you will need to be a good fit:
1. Campaigns and Advocacy Coordinator
- An advanced university degree in Communications, Advocacy, Film/TV, Marketing, Journalism, Environmental Law or any other relevant field.
- At least 10+ years’ professional experience in a leadership role within communications, campaigns and/or advocacy
- Experience leading and participating in multi-disciplinary teams and building consensus, optimism and confidence in the face of challenges and pressure; charting new territory for the organization
- Expertise in campaign techniques, policies, strategies, analysis, structure and impact.
- Excellent internal and external communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner to a wide variety of audiences;
- Long-term planning and analytical skills, as well as demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively to tight deadlines without compromising quality
2. Partnership and Fundraising Communications Officer
- A university degree in Marketing Communications / Marketing / Journalism, Business, partnerships/fundraising or relevant field
- 5 years of work experience in communication and marketing accountabilities
- Experience in collateral production, marketing and PR activities, and project management
- Effective research and writing skills
- Understanding of the charity sector, fundraising and supporter relationship management and a proven track record in marketing and/or fundraising within the charity and/or private sectors, including substantial experience in brand response marketing are advantages
3. Project Officer (Climate and Energy Practice)
- Bachelor degree or preferably Master degree or higher in fields related to environmental engineering, environment, sustainable development, natural resources management, sustainable energy, and the like;
- Practical experience as Project Officer in related fields;
- Experience of working with CSOs, SMEs, Government officials, local communities and/or donors at all levels
- Demonstrates subject matter knowledge related to climate change, energy issues, and related policies in Viet Nam;
If you want a career filled with meaningful and diverse assignments to expand yourself professionally and personally; opportunity to work in a diverse and inspiring environment with the most supportive colleagues to make a difference to our planet while enjoying a great work-life balance and evolve yourself every day, then JOIN OUR TEAM.
How to apply:
Detailed Job Description for these positions are attached to this article.
Send us your cover letter, curriculum vitae in English, and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com
stating the position title in the subject line of the email,
by 24th September 2020:
1. Campaigns and Advocacy Coordinator: [WWF - 092020] Campaigns and Advocacy Coordinator – Full name
2. Partnership and Fundraising Communications Officer: [WWF - 092020] Fundraising Communications Officer – Full name
3. Project Officer (Climate and Energy Practice): [WWF - 092020] Project Officer (Climate and Energy Practice) – Full name
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”