Posted on 07 April 2021
Tender Ref 48.21
WWF-Viet Nam is implementing the USAID Vietnam Biodiversity Conservation Project (BCA), a 5-year USAID funded project implemented in partnership with Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), the provincial governments and other provincial implementing partners.
Under the BCA framework, WWF-Viet Nam is looking for an individual consultant to provide analysis and development of data and reporting on Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) to be incorporated into a Decree on Investment Policies for Forest Protection and Development, Forest Product Processing and Trade.
MAIN SCOPES OF WORK
Preparation for data collection
- Literature review and desk study of existing gender-related policy, legal frameworks, data and information to identify gaps in the data to target and align the preparation of the data collection tools;
- Partner identification meetings;
- Stakeholder consultations.
Data collection should include: (i) legal documents, policy documents relating to gender and social inclusion, reports related to gender equality in the forestry sector and other related documents; (ii) be representative of targeted BCA project areas.
The total working days for this assignment are 31 person-days from April to June 2021 including field travel to the sites.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The consultant should possess the following skills and experiences:
DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE ASSIGNMENT ARE PROVIDED IN THE ATTACHED TOR.
Interested consultants are invited to submit proposals (technical & financial proposal) and C.V. to the below contact, on or before April 19, 2021 COB
Thai Hong Diep (Ms.)
Grants Management Specialist
USAID Vietnam Biodiversity Conservation Project
Add: No. 06, Lane 18, Nguyen Co Thach Rd., Nam Tu Liem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
- Master’s degree in Social Science Studies; or Gender and Women’s Studies; or Environmental Studies; or International Development Studies; or related fields of studies; plus more than 10 years of relevant experience (or PhD. Degree) is preferred for this task;
- Proven experience in legal document formulation, priority is given to candidates who have participated in policy evaluation in legal document formulation;
- Proven experience in conducting surveys (socio-economic, gender, etc.) and evaluation with strong expertise in gender-related work;
- Proven experience in working with government agencies at the central and provincial levels (VNFOREST, DARD, FPD, CPC, etc.)
- Previous experience and good comprehension of the local context where the survey will be conducted;
- Experience with USAID, GESI-related project analysis/implementation is preferred.