Posted on 07 April 2021
Location: Quang Nam
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for a Protected Areas and Law Enforcement Manager, USAID-Viet Nam Biodiversity Conservation program (SA2/3 Manager), based in Quang Nam.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
The USAID Biodiversity Conservation Activity has four strategic approaches (SA)
- SA1: Promote Conservation-Friendly Enterprises in Forest Dependent Communities
- SA2: Strengthen Management of Special-use and Protection Forests
- SA3: Increase Functionality of Law Enforcement Systems for Forest and Wildlife Crimes
- SA4: Reduce Local Demand Through Behavior Change Methodologies
The Protected Areas and Law Enforcement Manager (SA2/3 Manager) reports to the SA 2/3 Lead and is responsible to provide technical management and supervision of all activities under SA2 and SA3 in the province in charge.
Key requirements for the role:
- Post-graduate degree in natural resources management, conservation, biology, forestry, environmental management, or related fields
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of conservation and development issues in Vietnam
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the legislative, policy and institutional context related to conservation and government agencies, and the not-for-profit sector in the region.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
How to apply:
The detailed terms of references are to this article. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English, and scan/photo of relevant diplomas/certificates to email@example.com stating the position title: [April 2021] Quang Nam SA2/3 Manager - Full name by April 13th, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."