Posted on 16 September 2021
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF-Viet Nam was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF-Viet Nam.
We are looking for: Field Finance Assistant, USAID Biodiversity Conservation, based in Quang Nam
The “USAID Biodiversity Conservation” activity is a 5 year-program starting from July 2020 to June 2025. The program aims to maintain and increase forest quality as well as protect and stabilize wildlife population in five high conservation value provinces (Quang Binh, Quang Nam, TT Hue, Quang Tri, and Lam Dong). The program targets special use forests and protection forests, linking forest management units across the landscape to maintain forest cover and connectivity of habitats vital for the protection of Vietnam’s threatened and endemic species.
Under the supervision of the Field Finance Manager, the Field Finance Assistant is accountable for monitoring and maintaining project-related records, including project contracts/consultant/grants/service contract, activity plan and ensuring that all related supporting document are collected and paid accordingly.
How to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance;
- 02 years of relevant work experience in finance and accounting;
- Experience on other international development projects. Experience with USAID-funded projects is highly desirable;
- Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures;
- A good command of basic applications such as MS Word, Excel as well as accounting software
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging;
The detailed terms of references are attached HERE. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
For external candidates outside the WWF network, please send your applications to email@example.com stating in the subject line: FA Quang Nam - Full name
The deadline is Sept 28th , 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."