Posted on 08 October 2021
English Language Editing and Proofreading Services - USAID Reporting
English language editing and proofreading services required for USAID reports and key documents
Place of work: Remote
Start Date: As soon as possible
Finish Date: September 2022,
Deliverables: Documents and reports, on a need basis
Note: The consultant will be contracted for duration of the fiscal year. The consultant will be contacted for specific assignments throughout the year on a need basis and payments will be completed on a quarterly basis for the accepted deliverables.
Background information to the Services/Goods to be supplied
WWF, the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Consultant for the USAID-funded Mekong for the Future project activity to be based in one of the five WWF Greater Mekong country offices (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar).
Mekong for the Future is a three-year project that will support natural resources governance and transparency across the Greater Mekong through strengthening civil society's ability to engage in natural resource governance and improving their access to, and understanding of, environmental data from public and private sources. The project will strengthen the ability of civil society organizations in the region to coordinate their activities, improve their ability to advocate for and monitor environmental policies, increase transparency and improve their use of environmental data.
Responsibilities and Duties
The position will include the following responsibilities and duties:
- Edit for both style and readability, to produce materials that are clear and concise
- Adhere to WWF editorial guidelines
- Adhere to USAID writing guidelines
- Proof-reading/light copy-editing - to catch major errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Medium copy edit which cross references finer details of the style guide, such as whether numbers, abbreviations, commas, capital letters, headings, etc. are used according to guidelines.
- May include some attention to whether word choice is appropriate for the audience and may involve minimal rewriting or reorganizing.
- Stylistic edit looking at organization, clarity of expression, appropriateness of syntax, tone, wordiness, overuse of words or phrases, rhythm, etc.
- Liaise with content owner for any required clarifications
Applicant(s) should provide the following:
- Native English speaker
- Prior experience as editor and proof reader required
- Previous USAID report writing experience required
- Letter of application
- References list
- Fees/price structure (including regular rates and urgent delivery rates)
- Two writing samples where applicant was lead writer or editor
Please send the application documents to email@example.com.
The maximum size per email that WWF-Greater Mekong can receive is 25MB.
Deadline for Proposals submission is: 22nd October, 2021 17:00 (ICT)
Terms and conditions of payment
Services will be delivered on an on-call basis and regularly paid in USD upon successful completion of the assignment.