Posted on 10 January 2022
Hanoi, Hue (or Ha Tinh, Dong Hoi), Vietnam
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/.
WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for 01 Technical Coordinator - Plastic Smart Cities, WWF-Viet Nam, based in Ha Noi, Hue (or Ha Tinh, Dong Hoi), Viet Nam
The Plastic Smart Cities Technical Coordinator will support the Plastic Smart Cities Manager in all technical issues related to WWF-Viet Nam Plastic Smart Cities program, including but not limited to develop and implement Plastic Smart Cities strategy & work plan, identify issues and solutions to ensure the discharge of plastic waste into the environment in PSC targeted cities or districts is reduced over the project lifetime.
How to apply:
- Minimum Masters level degree in relevant area of expertise with over 5+ years of experience;
- Experience in complex development projects with cities, specifically in Viet Nam cities and understand complex government structure;
- Experience working in international NGOs or relevant development agencies including managing budgets and funding reports;
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
The detailed JD is attached to this email. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
- For internal candidates, please send your application to Ms. Thuy (Recruitment Manager)
- For external candidates outside the WWF network, please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: PSC Technical Coordinator - Full name.The deadline is Jan 24th, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."